Online Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 28 May 2013
Study in: any Country
Course starts September 2013
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in partnership with UK Universities offers distance learning scholarships as part of the commitment of the Commission and the Department for International Development’s (DFID) commitment to explore new methods of scholarship delivery.
Host Institution(s) and Online Courses offered:
• Bangor University – MSc Tropical Forestry
• Cardiff University – MSc Clinical Optometry
• Cardiff University – MSc Palliative Medicine/Care
• Institute of Education, University of London – MA Education and International Development
• Leeds Metropolitan University – MSc Public Health – Health Promotion
• London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – MSc Clinical Trials
• London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – MSc Epidemiology
• London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – MSc Global Health Policy
• London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – MSc Infectious Diseases
• London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – MSc Public Health
• London South Bank University – MSc Education for Sustainability
• Open University – MSc Development Management
• Royal Veterinary College, University of London – MSc Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health
• School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London – MSc Poverty Reduction: Policy and Practice
• University of Bath – MSc International Construction Management
• University of Dundee – MN Master of Nursing
• University of Edinburgh – MSc Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
• University of Edinburgh – MSc Global Health and Infectious Diseases
• University of Edinburgh – MSc Global Health and Non-Communicable Diseases
• University of Edinburgh – MSc International Animal Health
• University of Liverpool – MPH Master of Public Health
• University of Nottingham – MA Education
• University of Oxford – MSt International Human Rights Law
• University of Southampton – MSc Gerontology
• University of York – MPA Master of Public Administration – International Development
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda Nauru, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Namibia, Cameroon, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guineas, Pitcairn, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania,Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Western Samoa, and Zambia)
The Scholarships cover the overseas tuition fees at the Masters degree level.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
• be Commonwealth citizens of a developing Commonwealth country, refugees or British protected persons
• be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• normally hold a first degree of upper second-class standard, or higher qualification. In certain cases, we will consider a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience
Note: You must also meet the specific eligibility requirements of the course you are interested in. To view this, see the complete description of your desired course by referring to the links listed under the section “Host Institutions and Courses Offered” (see above).
Before you can apply for the scholarship, you must first apply to an approved programme at an accredited host institution (see the list of approved courses above). Full details of the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution. Deadline for applications is 28 May 2013.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The contact details of each participating institution can be accessed at the university’s or programme’s web page (the links to the web pages are listed under the section “Host Institutions and Courses Offered” (see above).
Official Scholarship Website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/distance-learning/