Deadline: 31 July 2013
Study in: UK
Course starts September 2013
Cardiff University awards a limited number of full and partial scholarships to students on the International Foundation Programme who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and potential.
Cardiff University in UK
Field(s) of study:
The International Foundation Programme is available from September 2013 in the following subjects: Business, Engineering and Health & Life Sciences.
Number of Scholarships:
Limited – only 2
Cardiff is offering two full scholarships for self-funding students, which will cover the cost of course fees for the International Foundation Programme.
• You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
• You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed.
• Applicants for IFP scholarships must have a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted their offer by Midnight (GMT) Friday 31st July 2013.
• After this date, applicants have until Midnight (GMT) Thursday 16th August 2013 for their offers to be changed to unconditional –applications where the status is not unconditional after this time will not be considered.
• Scholarships are to be used for academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be used for 2014/15 entries. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year.
• These scholarships are only available to self-funding students. Students who are in receipt of full funding from a sponsorship body (such as their home country’s Government, charity or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
• Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet these.
• If a student withdraws/is requested to withdraw from study before completing the IFP Course or does not complete the IFP course at Cardiff University they are responsible for repaying all monies received from the International Scholarship award unless there are extenuating circumstances.
• IFP scholarships do not include interruption of study as part of the fund. If students are required to resit a year of study, then they will not receive further funding for additional years.
• Winners must ensure that they maintain a satisfactory academic record.
Applicants for the for International Foundation Programmes cholarships must have either a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted Cardiff University as their choice for study during the 2013/14 academic year, by Midnight (GMT) Wednesday 31 July 2013. After this date, applicants have until Midnight (GMT) Thursday 16th August 2013 for their offers to be changed to Unconditional–applications where the status is not unconditional after this time will not be considered.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.