University of West England
Deadline: 31 May 2013 (annual)
Study in: London, UK
Course starts September 2013
The University of the West of England, Bristol offers more than £100,000 worth of scholarships for international students each year. This includes the Global Student Scholarship, Millennium Development Scholarship and Professor Arthur Li Development Scholarships.
University of West England, UK
Field(s) of study:
Any one year Master’s Degree Programme offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
1 for each scholarship program
International students from around the world
Full tuition fee scholarship will be awarded for an outstanding student to study a one year Masters programme at UWE. The recipient of this scholarship will be required to undertake an internship working within the Global Student Support/International Development Office. The recipient will also be required to undertake ambassadorial activity for the University throughout the duration of the course.
Eligible students must:
• have achieved the equivalent of a British first class honours in their undergraduate degree
• have an unconditional offer by 31 May of a place to study a one year postgraduate programme at UWE which they have firmly accepted
• be a new student and be classed as overseas for fees purposes
• not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award.
Additional Criteria For Millennium Development Scholarship:
• Applicants will need to provide information in their application detailing how the scholarship will help them to attain the Millennium Development goals within their country.
Additional Criteria for Professor Arthur Li Development Scholarship:
• The scholarship is available to applicants from developing Commonwealth countries as indicated on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
You mush have received an unconditional offer for a Master’s Programme at UWE in order to be considered for this scholarship. Only eligible applicants will be invited to apply via a task in their welcome website. Applicants are selected based on academic merit and the information that is provided in their application form and statement.
The deadline for submitting your application is 31 May 2013.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/feesandfunding/fundingandscholarships/internationalstudentfunding/uwescholarshipprogramme.aspx