In Punjab’s budget, it was announced by the finance minister that the posts of PST and EST will be upgraded whereas SSTs will receive two annual increments effective from 1st January 2018. Here is the summary presented for you.
Punjab Teachers Up-Gradation Scheme
Following is the up-gradation scheme for School teachers in primary middle and high section of Punjab Govt. schools.
Primary School Teacher (PST) Post Up-Gradation Scheme
All the primary school teachers have been upgraded from BPS-09 to BPS-14.
Elementary School Teacher (EST) Post Up-Gradation Scheme
- All EST teachers working in BPS-14 will be Upgraded into BPS-15
- EST teachers already working in BPS-15 will be Upgraded into BPS-16
- EST teachers who are already working in BPS-16 will be given two advanced increments
Secondary School Teacher (SST) Post Up-Gradation Scheme
- Sadly, there is no scale change or post up-gradation for SST teachers working in school education department of Govt. of Punjab.
- Instead, all SSTs will be given two advance increment as a benefit.
Note: It should be noted that these upgrades will be applicable from 1st January 2018.